Friday, March 6, 2015

Warcraft Addon Review: Bartender

For  our first Addon Review we are going to look at my right hand of WoW.  Bartender.

Bartender is a addon that has been around for a long time.  According to Curse Bartender comes to us from a Nevcairiel; who also is listed for other mods; gathermate, handynotes, omen threat meter, and quartz.

The customization of this mod is the high point for me.  You can really do a lot and set it up to your needs by character.  Lots of option for size on icons and really a lot of options.  A player can make it very simple and basic or very extravagant with borders.  The set up can be time consuming, however with the amount of customization options, that is expected.  This mod also plays nice with many other mods, especially the ones that you can move around anywhere.  


I like mine in a rectangle format so I can keep most of my middle screen clear.  This is on my laptop, my desktop has a much bigger screen and I am able to spread things out.  This mod is also really good for those of us who like things smaller or bigger for whatever reason.  I used to also make the rows I used more frequently larger than the others.  But now I just prefer everything I can use or like to use to be quickly accessible.  

Some Interesting Layouts I found via Google Search (giving me ideas!)
From: almarsguides




From: wow-pro.com


This mod is one of the faster ones updated after patches and expansions.  I have never had to go without or have any compatibility issues.  The only issue I have ran into with this mod is sometimes I forget where I put something or have a tendency to over clutter my screen.  But that is more of a Personal Problem (PP), than a development issue.  

The Ratings

User Friendliness: 9.5
Updates/Compatibility: 10
In Game Application: 10
Setup: 9.5
Appearance: 9

Overall: 9.5

I highly recommend this add on for all players; casual, pvp, and hardcore.



Bartender Resources

No comments: